Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Need a great place good location with sociable roommates Anywhere near NYU 10001600

(My Original Blog Post: http://ping.fm/WrGBF)
Hi,

I need a room asap (my move out is the 15th of september though I can move a little earlier or later)! I am very sociable and love being around other people no matter what personality they have. What I would like: in terms of age, 20's and 30's for roommates is great (I am in my early 20's); please have a room near NYU (I love the area) within my price range; with a window... and hopefully some light. Well, that's really about it.

A bit about me: I am a legal assistant for a construction company in midtown (work 9-6PM most days). I work in their corporate headquarters in midtown, but my goal is to begin law school in NYC in the fall of 2010. I enjoy living in this city more than any other I have lived in (Berkeley, Marseille, London, Minneapolis, Dusseldorf), though I have only lived here for nine months. I graduate from UC Berkeley last December and moved to NY soon after. I studied political science, though my real interest are in current affairs of all kinds, from on and off political debates to environmental change (not to say I am an activist, rather just interested in what is occurring around me) to historical approaches to any number of divisive issues. In a general way of explaining it, I always loved to learn, I just never thought there was one field I wanted to concentrate on, so I didn't. I plan on going to law school (LSAT is in december) because it will allow me to go into any number of fields after I graduate and I appreciate choices, especially in work. Ok, just a few quick facts: born in minnesota, moved to marseille and then dusseldorf, then to san francisco and studied at berkeley for three years with one year abroad right outside of london. I am very active; I love to run, play tennis, golf, basketball, really any sport (though I'm only good at golf and basketball... if that matters). I don't watch much tv, but I enjoy watching a good (which means fun or engaging) movie, or a couple good ones in rapid succession. I don't love writing craigslist ads, but I am left with no choice because I do not know anyone whose lease ended when mine did, so many of my friends took places when I could not room with them. Moving into apartment questions, I need a place now. That's about it. I'd like a nice place at a good price with roommates I get along with... well now I'm probably asking too much right, well, I hope not. I guess I can't define any of that, because a lot of it I have to see to know my opinion of it, so is 1300 too much, no, though it really depends on the people I am living with, because they are a big part of the total package. That's just a confusing example... Well, now to some personality traits that will make me sound pretty egocentric, but I have been told I am them more than I have been told that I am the opposite, so I will list them (oh and I wouldn't say something like "I'm a nice guy" or "a caring and respectful person" if I didn't think I was). I am understanding, respectful, and fun above all else. I am positive, though not annoyingly so... like many people who willfully look past the bad... I don't look past it, I simply try to find a way to make it go away (always try to tackle problems head on instead of letting them creep up). I am healthy, nice and fairly smart (though more hard-working). I am a straight guy. Get along really well with new people... a learned trait when I had to move so often;)

I am sure I have left out a few things... If I have you can ask me and I will answer as soon as I can. Overall, I'm a normal guy who is looking for a nice place to live for around a year... If I sound like a potential roommate give me a call at 612-747-7331, or send an email (oh and that's my good old minnesota number). Thanks and good luck.

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment