Friday, October 9, 2009

ShareWEA 2BR available Nov 1st Upper West Side 1785

(My Original Blog Post: http://ping.fm/wriMJ)
Located in a very safe UWS neighborhood at the N end of West End Avenue, 10 min walk to Columbia U.



It is within 3 blocks of the 1-train & 2 blocks to the M60, M5 & M104 bus lines.



The building is residential only, 90 units with 24/7 doormen and basement card operated laundry facility.


It is wheelchair accessible and pet friendly.



The available bedroom is 14.5' x 14.5' (210 sq ft) and includes cable, 19" TV, wireless Internet account, phone with unlimited North American calling package. It has cross ventilating windows facing N & W, 2 closets, a full length mirror, hardwood floor, 9' ceiling. The bed is queen size or 2 twin size (or your own if you prefer) and there is a worktable & chair, a recliner and cabinets. Bedroom furniture can be removed for roommate with own furniture.



This is the guest room in my 2-bedroom. It is available for a long-term share with any respectful, compatible, independent adult of any persuasion. I am away most of the summer and fall. I occupy the second bedroom when I am home, winter and spring.


The apartment is comfortably furnished. The kitchen is original prewar, wood cabinets, eat-in with an expandable table, well stocked with staples (please replace what you use) and equipment for a variety of ethnic cooking, with stainless steel pots, bamboo steamer, pressure cooker, wok, microwave etc.


A bit about me: I am female, retired and out of town from mid-May to late-October. I am home for the winter, from November to May. I enjoy company but I don't need it to occupy myself happily. My interests include cooking occasionally for dinner guests, intelligent conversation, proactive progressive politics, attending art and performance events, water sports and puttering at a variety of creative pursuits.



1st & Last and references required. Minimum commitment 3 months trial; annual agreement if it works out well for us both.

No comments:

Post a Comment