Saturday, August 29, 2009

My beautiful Amsterdam apartment for yours in NYC Manhattan De Pijp

(My Original Blog Post: http://ping.fm/CNAqX)
My beautiful Amsterdam apartment for yours in NYC / Manhattan


A splendid house/apartment in Amsterdam (Oud Zuid/De Pijp) in a former school building, offered in exchange for an apartment in NYC.

The house has a spacious living room with high ceilings and an open plan kitchen. Splendid high windows (4,5 meters/ 15 ft) give a very artistic look to the house. Large bathroom with a bath. On the second floor there is an open study, a walk-in-closet/guestroom and a bedroom (sleep chamber). The apartment is situated on the second floor, south facing windows, and it easily sleeps 3 people.

Amenities:
- Internet cable (broadband)
- Television cable/television/VHS/DVD (Philips), HP printer
- Kitchen: stove/oven, microwave, coffee machine, water boiler along with all necessary crockery, cutlery and other kitchen implements
- Bathroom: a bath, shower and toilet
- Bedroom (sleep chamber): bed 160cm x 200cm Boxspring (new)
- Walk-in-closet /guestroom with a single bed
- Study: table and office chair, printer
- Washing machine (2x) in de building and free use

All this is offered in exchange for an apartment in NYC. Each person pays rental and utilities costs upon own apartment.

Available during a 10 days to 2 weeks period, between December 18th and January 5th.
I am planning to take my younger brother, sister and her 18 yo son and other younger sister with me, so it’s 5 of us in total. We really don’t need much because we will be gone a lot (extra mattress, airbed, couch; it all works).

Perhaps in the future too, so if you have a good offer but are not able in the above time period please let me know, let us get in touch. I travel a lot and do a swap at least once a year.

I myself am a published writer who is presently working on a new book. I also work at the University in Amsterdam. I am a quiet and tidy young man of 33 years old who is both responsible and reliable and a non-smoker, so are my siblings too. I love my apartment and I am keeping it in a good shape and very clean. I also have reverences. I spend 3 months in 2008 in San Francisco and I loved it there a lot. I was working on my book and enjoying the city and the surroundings. This was a 3 months successful house swap. This year I again and with new people did a 3 weeks swap. This would be my forth swap.


More information concerning the area:
Amsterdam Old South (Oud Zuid/De Pijp) is one of the nicest and attractive areas in Amsterdam. Surrounded by market, galleries, museums, cafes, a cinema, public transport (tram and bus stop around the corner), park, and at a walking distance to the old city centre/downtown.


Amsterdam is also very central (in Europe), so perfect if you are considering visiting Berlin, Paris, Brussels, London, Barcelona... To Barcelona or London you can fly for as cheap as 40 euro’s.

Ps. I have more pictures to send you, just ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment