Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Room needed until end of March - - 23f professional Manhattan maybe Brooklyn 700

(My Original Blog Post: http://ping.fm/MANTq)
My name is Joanna, I will be moving to NYC to begin a new freelance-to-perm job on January 11th. I'm looking for a private room to sublet for about three months. By mid/end of March I will likely be looking to move elsewhere with my boyfriend and/or best friend. But for now, it's just me.

A little about me: I just turned 23 and I graduated this past May from the Rochester Institute of Technology with a BFA in New Media Design. I am a web/motion graphics/interactive designer and I will be working full-time at a digital ad agency in Chelsea. I'm extremely friendly and easy to get along with, and I definitely like to have a good time – not that you need to entertain me or be home very much at all. Although I like to be a night owl, I will need to wake up early and go to work every day, so I would obviously prefer a place where there aren't going to be raging parties every night (not that I don't like a good rager). I'm very clean and I like to decorate – if you have an amazingly furnished apartment, that's a big plus – I'm a designer and I love good surroundings!

I think as of right now, it would be ideal if I could find something furnished for at least the first month – I have a bedroom set but it would help me save on moving truck costs at the moment. If it's unfurnished and the price/location is right, I would definitely consider moving my stuff there. As I said, I'll be working in Chelsea, and I'll need to be on the A,C, E, L, or 1 trains – preferably Manhattan, but upper Brooklyn would be good (I'm trying to make my commute ~30mins.) I would like to live with people around my age, in their 20s, non-smokers (unless you do it outside, every time...but for real, my stuff can NOT smell like smoke.) It's possible that my boyfriend may come to the city to visit once...maybe twice...during the three months. He's finishing school in Rochester, New York, so it would be great if you're cool with an overnight guest for a weekend.

I always pay rent/utilities on time. If you don't need a security deposit, have a small one, or would consider letting me wait a month to pay one, your place jumps to the top of my list – I could do without this extra cost as I transition to a new place right now. I would prefer to stay around $700 + utils (I'm used to paying $850+ in Boston, so you can try to convince me.)

Email me at the link above if you think you have a good fit, and feel free to grill me with any unanswered questions you may have. Oh yeah, and pictures help immensely!

Thanks in advance!

Joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment