Wednesday, January 27, 2010

1500 to 2300 Military Vet looking for Housing Manhattan

(My Original Blog Post: http://www.lodging-manhattan.com/2010/01/28/1500-to-2300-military-vet-looking-for-housing-manhattan/)
I have been accepted to the New School for Social Research and NYU to attend school this coming fall. I will be entering a Doctrol program in Psychology. I have been granted a 4 year housing allowance of $2751 per month with a 4% increase each January.
Although I haven't decided yet, which program I'll accept, I am getting a very early start on apartment hunting because I've lived in the South all of my life and have no idea what I'm getting myself into when it comes to renting in NY. I would like a safe and decent 1 bedroom or large studio apartment. I am a single female. I don't have any pets, but may like to get a cat at some point. I have a car, so parking is desirable.

I admit I have some credit issues due to the recent decline in the Florida housing market. I have always paid my bills on time ( a strict requirement in the Air Force) but a year ago when I had less than a year left on my military term, I was transferred to my surprise to Baltimore Md. So when I tried to sell my home I realized I had I lost about 80% of my home's value and I had no choice but to do a short sale which severly affected my credit. I was not able to afford rent in Baltimore and my mortgate in Florida. So unfortunately I had to make the tough decision to sell the home i loved. I am willing to provide a landlord or rental management company with proof of my good payment history up until the time of my reassignment. I also have copies of military orders showing I was forced to move during the housing crisis.
I'm grateful for having served my country and I am blessed that the military is offering to pay for my housing while I pursue my doctorate. I am a stable tenant. I am willing to do direct deposit and perhaps even pay a couple months in advance because I know alot of landlords are only concerned with credit score and not personal situations.

If you are a broker, or landlord and you feel you can assist me in my search. Please contact via the posting address.

No comments:

Post a Comment