Sunday, January 31, 2010

24 year old guy professional seeks room for February 1st 3-9mons Manhattan 1700

(My Original Blog Post: http://ping.fm/di7nu)
Hello all,

I am a 24 year old guy looking for a 3- 6 month sublet in the city for $900 to $1700. This would need to be for February 1st ( give or take a few days ). I am looking for a sublet because I want to make sure the situation works out for everyone, and if it doesn’t, we both have recourse as it wouldn’t be a year-long commitment.

I will be around early tomorrow to see places - obviously its late in the game to be looking for February first but unfortunately someone canceled an agreement with me for a previously scheduled sublet.

What I'm looking for;
- Room: My own private room in an apartment, or a 1 bedroom apartment, with some flexibility on the lease terms (length of stay).
- Apartment: must have a living room or the room available must be very large, i.e. 13 by 13
- Roommates: Between the ages of 21 and 30... male or female (I’m hoping you fit into at least one of these categories :c) )
- Rent: $900 to $1700 ( not including utilities )
- Location: Must be about 10 minutes or less to a major subway ( an express line )

About me;
I recently moved in and my short term sublet is expiring. I am searching for a new place to stay on a longer-term basis. I would like to have flexibility for my sake and yours, so that if either of us is not comfortable with the living situation after some time for whatever reason, neither of us is 'stuck' with a year long lease. I am willing to sign for up to six months, hopefully with the option to renew.

I'm not sure how to describe myself exactly, but definitely not a "frat guy" and definitely not a "hipster" either (although I’m not fond of labeling people in general). Even though I hate politics I will say I am more of a liberal because I think it’s usually easier to live with people with similar ideologies.... that being said, I try my best to get along with everyone no matter what they are like, as long as they are respectful. I have a good job working in technology for a financial firm in the city. I am financially stable so you don't need to worry about me paying rent ( I have enough to cover 6-12 months of rent already saved ). I work 9-7 M-F, but like going out at least once during the week... usually for wings and a few beers. In general I try to keep the week pretty low key, focusing on some side projects when I can. I like going out to bars and gatherings on the weekends and just generally looking to meet new people in the city. I keep things fairly clean ( not a neat freak though ) and I am usually very conscious about keeping the people I live with happy ( I, unlike some of my previous roommates, can resist the urge to pee places other than the bathroom ). If you want to know more we can talk or I can give you my facebook if you think that might help you get some idea of what I am like.

I have references available upon request. If your reply fits what I have described, I am usually pretty diligent about replying back. Hope to hear from you.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment